Tagged Schlumberger

Fortuna FLNG offtake goes to Gunvor

Rate this article By LNG World News Image courtesy of Ophir EnergySwiss trading company Gunvor has been nominated as the preferred LNG buyer for offtake from the Ophir Energy-operated Fortuna FLNG project in Equatorial Guinea. The Ministry of Mines and Hydrocarbons, Ophir, OneLNG, a joint venture between Golar LNG and Schlumberger, and La Compania Nacional…

Tullow starts shooting seismic near Exxon’s Liza discovery

Rate this article By Offshore Energy Today.. London-based independent oil player Tullow Oil has started a 2,550 km2 seismic survey on the Orinduik Block offshore Guyana. Tullow is the operator of the block with a 60 percent stake and Eco Atlantic is its partner with the remaining 40 percent interest. The survey was approved by…

Noble Energy awards Leviathan work to Schlumberger

Rate this article By _Offshore_Energy_Today_ Schlumberger, the world’s largest oilfield services provider, has been awarded a contract by Noble Energy for the provision of a measurement and control system for the Leviathan project offshore Israel. Schlumberger said in its second quarter financial report last Friday that the valves and measurement system would include two large,…

Schlumberger narrows 2Q loss. Sees number of shallow water FIDs ahead

Rate this article By Offshore Energy Today Schlumberger has narrowed its second quarter loss to $74 million, compared to $2,16 billion a year ago. The world’s largest oilfield services provider posted the second quarter revenue of $7,46 billion, 4 percent up from $7,16 billion in the corresponding quarter of 2016. Sequentially, revenue grew eight percent,…

Schlumberger to buy majority stake in Russian drilling firm

Rate this article By Offshore Energy Today The world’s largest oilfield services provider Schlumberger is buying a majority stake in the Russian drilling contractor Eurasia Drilling. The news was revealed by both Schlumberger and Eurasia Drilling on Thursday. Schlumberger is going to acquire a 51% stake in the drilling company. Alexander Djaparidze, EDC’s Chief Executive…

Ophir says Fortuna FLNG FID now expected in H2

Rate this article By LNG World News Image courtesy of Ophir EnergyLondon-based Ophir Energy on Wednesday said it now expects to make a final investment decision on its Fortuna FLNG project in Equatorial Guinea in the second part of this year. Previously, Ophir and its partner, OneLNG, a joint venture between Golar LNG and Schlumberger,…

Schlumberger to support development of two fields off Nigeria

Rate this article By Offshore Energy Today.. Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), FIRST Exploration & Production (First E&P) and Schlumberger have signed a tripartite agreement for development of the Anyala and Madu fields under OML 83 and OML 85, offshore Nigeria. Schlumberger said on Thursday that, under the agreement, it would contribute the required services…