Tagged Barnett

Total exercises preemption rights in Barnett JV with Chesapeake

Total E&P USA said it is exercising its preemption right to acquire Chesapeake Energy Corp.’s 75% interest in the jointly held Barnett shale operating properties near Fort Worth. Total already owns the remaining 25% and will become the operator. Read Full Article Here For more great articles: Oil & Gas Journal – General Interest

Total to buy Cheasapeake’s stake in Barnett shale assets

By LNG World News Total E&P USA, a unit of French gas and oil giant Total on Friday said it is exercising its preemption right to acquire Chesapeake’s 75% interests in the jointly held Barnett Shale operating area located in North Texas. Total E&P USA has owned the remaining 25% in the Barnett Assets since…

Chesapeake leaves Barnett, transfers interest to First Reserve unit

Chesapeake Energy Corp., Oklahoma City, has agreed to pay its way out of the Barnett shale in an effort to eliminate future financial commitments in a region it deems uneconomic. The series of deals, expected to close in the third quarter, could ultimately save Chesapeake $1.9 billion in future midstream commitments. Read Full Article Here…