Daily Archives: June 22, 2017

DEA outlines Brazil E&P goals

Rate this article DEA Deutsche Erdoel has opened an office in Rio de Janeiro and appointed Christoph Schlichter as general manager for Brazil. Read Full Article Here For more great articles: Offshore RSS Feed

OGA’s 8-step program to maximize SNS tight gas recovery

Rate this article By _Offshore_Energy_Today_ UK’s Oil and Gas Authority (OGA) has published a strategy outlining a plan to maximize the economic recovery of ‘tight gas’ from the Southern North Sea (SNS). According to OGA’s “conservative” estimates, there are some 3.8 trillion cubic feet (tcf) of remaining gas accessible in the SNS, including infill opportunities,…

Ensival Moret Becomes Part of Sulzer

Rate this article Sulzer is pleased to announce it has completed the acquisition of industrial pumping solutions company Ensival Moret. Read Full Article Here For more great articles: Offshore Technology

Eni to look for hydrocarbons in Caspian Sea block

Rate this article By Offshore Energy Today.. Italian oil company Eni and JSC KazMunayGas (KMG) have signed an agreement which renews the conditions for the transfer to Eni of 50% of the subsoil use rights in the Isatay block, in the Caspian Sea off Kazakhstan, for exploration and production of hydrocarbons. To recall, almost two…

Gasum ups stake in Skangas

Rate this article By LNG World News Finland’s Gasum said it is increasing its shareholding in Skangas to 70 percent, with the Norwegian Lyse Group holding the remaining 30 percent. Gasum intends to strengthen its position in the Nordic natural gas ecosystem where liquefied natural gas (LNG) is playing an increasingly important role with the…

Three partners follow Petronas in MHS heli contract termination

Rate this article By Offshore Energy Today.. After Malaysian state-owned firm Petronas terminated a contract with the helicopter services provider MHS Aviation for the provision of transportation of personnel to offshore facilities, three other companies followed suit. Namely, MHS Aviation, a 51% subsidiary of Boustead Holdings, has also received termination letters from Sapura Exploration and…

Spanish gas-for-power demand hits record high due to heat wave

Rate this article By LNG World News Huelva regasification plant (Image Enagás)Spanish LNG terminal operator, Enagás, said Thursday that daily natural gas demand for power generation in the country reached a record high on June 21 due to very warm weather. Spanish daily natural gas demand for electricity generation hit 465 GWh, the highest summer…

European Commission approves DONG-INEOS transaction

Rate this article By Offshore Energy Today The European Commission has approved the proposed sale of Denmark’s Dong Energy’s oil business to UK’s Ineos. The European Commission, under the EU Merger Regulation, concluded that the proposed transaction would raise no competition concerns given that the companies’ activities overlap to a limited extent and that a…

Statoil charters AET’s two LNG-fueled shuttle tankers

Rate this article By LNG World News Image courtesy of StatoilNorwegian energy company and LNG player Statoil chartered two LNG-fueled DP2 offshore loading shuttle tankers (OLSTs), MISC’s unit AET ordered at Samsung Heavy Industries. The two twin skeg 125,000-dwt tankers to be built by the South Korean shipyard are scheduled for delivery in 2019 and…

Blue Water to handle Nord Stream 2 pipes for Wasco

Rate this article By Offshore Energy Today.. After Nord Stream 2 AG awarded Wasco Coatings Europe a contract for concrete weight coating, storage and logistics of the 200,000 pipes for the namesake pipeline, Wasco has now awarded Denmark’s Blue Water Shipping a contract for the transport, handling and storage of 113,000 of the pipes. Nord…